I am amazed by the various natural remedies available to help with countless health problems. The knowledge passed down from generation-to-generation of the power of plants and essential oils is incredible. Many still use these forms of treatment to alleviate health symptoms today along with modern medicine.
I thought it would be great to discover a few of the natural remedies we can use for several symptoms:
- Aloe Vera - This natural remedy plant is found everywhere, especially by beaches (conveniently used for sunburns). The gel not only helps with skin irritations, but helps the digestive tract and improves liver, kidney, and gallbladder functions while maintaining healthy tissue.
- Apple Cider Vinegar - Have you heard of anyone making a drink or apple cider vinegar in the morning? This can help with weight loss by flushing out toxins, reducing cholesterol, lowering blood sugar levels, and preventing infections.
- B-Complex - Vitamin B complex helps with energy levels, cell metabolism, brain function, digestion, muscle tone, healthy appetite, and cardiovascular health.
- Bee Pollen – Not only is bee pollen an immune system builder, it is a protein rich in amino acids, vitamins, minerals and enzymes. It can help improve alertness and concentration.
- Cayenne - This hot pepper boosts metabolism, reduces hunger, lowers blood pressure, helps digestive tract, and benefits circulatory system.
- Chamomile – Historically, chamomile was used for scent and the Egyptians used it to help with fevers. This tea is still used for eczema (or itchy skin), stress, sleep, digestion, immune system, hair, and heart.
- Cinnamon Essential Oils - Not only does it smell amazing, it has its own health benefits such as improving respiratory issues, cleansing the body, and assisting with blood circulation, urinary, immune, and metabolic functions.
- Cranberry - Cranberry juice can help urinary tract infections as it kills bacteria in the bladder walls and urinary tract. It can also help prevent kidney stones, if used regularly.
- Fish Oil - Contains Omega-3 which helps with inflammation and heart disease.
- Lavender Essential Oil – Personally, I love using lavender oil for stress, but it can also help with sleep and skin imperfections.
- Lemon Essential Oil - Lemons can improve good mood and improve digestive tract.
- Peppermint Essential Oil – It is commonly used in gum, toothpaste, mints, and mouthwash because of its antiseptic properties to help with bad breath. It can also help with stomach pains, nausea, and headaches.
- Rosemary - Is an herb used for centuries as a fragrance and to fight viruses and bacteria.
- Thyme - Can be used to improve digestive tract, respiratory infections, sore throats and coughs.
- Wintergreen Essential Oil - A scent you can find at spas for its natural methyl remedy added to medications and balms to alleviate joint pains and sore muscles. This oil produces a soothing, warm sensation when applied.
This is a small list of natural remedies that can improve your health without other medications. We can follow the ways of our ancestors to heal some of our health issues. Be sure to visit with your primary physician regarding other options available. It’s your choice what you put in your body to cure illnesses. I would love to hear of any other remedies you have used in the comments below!
Stay healthy and keep smiling,Melissa